Welcome to Lee Royd Nursery School
Lee Royd Nursery school is committed to providing care and high quality education for children aged 2 to 4 in the Accrington area. We aim to develop all the children to their full potential emotionally, cognitively, physically and socially.
Aims of Lee Royd Nursery School
The philosophy and ethos of Lee Royd Nursery School are based upon certain principles. All children who attend are entitled to a curriculum which recognises the principles in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2012).
We plan to achieve this through the following aims, to:
- Create a secure, welcoming environment, indoors and outdoors in which each child feels valued as an individual and experiences the joy of learning, where they can play, explore and follow their interests, which is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives and also engage in planned purposeful play.
- Follow the four themes of the EYFS, A Unique Child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments and Learning and Development to facilitate effective practice and delivery of a high quality Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Every child is assigned a key person. We aim to make the child’s first experiences of school as happy as possible, promoting strong links with parents/carers and the local community, building up trust and partnerships.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which challenges and extends the children’s learning and development according to their emerging needs and interests, stages of development and reflects the multi-cultural nature of our society and promotes inclusion.
- Use a wide range of teaching strategies which builds upon children’s curiosity, encouraging them to investigate, predict, imagine and create through making choices, taking risks and participating in a range of both self and adult initiated activities.
- Ensure that the building and resources are accessible to all the children and that we provide equal opportunities to develop their self-confidence, self-esteem, independence and a respect for the rights of others.
- Provide opportunities for parents/carers to be given information about their child within the school and complete their Learning Journal and Learning Log which they can share to help them plan and support their children’s needs.
- Meet all the statutory safeguarding and welfare requirements to promote children’s well being and ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Complete appropriate assessments and reporting to parents on the child’s development, interests to facilitate working together to develop the child to their full potential.
Facts About Lee Royd Nursery School
- Free, part-time places available for children aged 2 to 4 years.
- Extended services available, before school club, lunches and after school club.
- 30 hours sessions available for eligible children.
- Extra sessions available in Nursery, if needed.
- Fully qualified teachers and teaching assistants.
- Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Outstanding Ofsted report March 2018:
- ‘This school is a happy place to learn or work’.
- ‘At Lee Royd, children continue to develop strongly in their personal development and their behaviour’.
- ‘They are confident, happy and enthusiastic learners. They treat resources with great respect. children from different backgrounds get along very well together’.